European-Canadian Centre for Innovation and Research (ECCIR)
4213 Enterprise Square
10230 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 4P6
Ms. Laura Intemann, M.A.
Phone: +1 780-492-4287
Email: lintemann (at) eccir.ca
NATIONAL PROGRAMME PORTRAIT
Aim of Programme
- The overarching goal of this program is to help participants become more globally competitive by developing innovative technologies and research-based alliances with the potential to foster economic growth.
- Connecting industry players and researchers across multiple jurisdictions;
- Development of new models of collaboration between Alberta and Europe that leverage key research & technology capabilities, address common priorities, and accelerate the commercialization of technology; and
- Launching revolutionary product development and commercialization projects that aim to bring new products and services to market, and deliver economic benefits to citizens in both jurisdictions.
- Albertan small and medium-sized enterprises (1 to 499 employees and less than $50 million in gross revenues) are welcome to apply to the Alberta-Europe Technology Collaboration Fund.
- European partners can be small or medium-sized enterprises, as well as larger companies or independent research institutions. All proposals to the program must involve an industry partner from each jurisdiction (i.e. Alberta and Europe) with an interest in commercialization.
- Research organisations and university institutes are welcome to participate as additional project partners, but cannot receive funding directly from ECCIR.
- European SMEs may apply for approximately matching funding in their respective jurisdictions.
- At present the maximum project contribution by ECCIR is 250,000 CAD, which would be granted to the Albertan applicant. The Albertan company is expected to match ECCIR funding through a combination of cash and in-kind contributions to the project.
- Should the European company be too large to be eligible for funding, then the requirement for their participation in the project will be to match the funding contributed by ECCIR.
Projects are required to develop innovative products, technology-based services, or methods in all technological and application areas, which have strong market potential. Eligible projects can be in any of the following stages:
- Applied research and development
- Product development
- Proof of concept
- Prototype development
- Technology demonstration
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CANADA
ENTERPRISE EUROPE NETWORK
Get in touch with your local Network contact point by selecting the city where your company is based. They can help your business with advice, support and opportunities for international partnerships:
GTAI - Germany Trade & Invest
The website offers information on Canada’s economic climate, industries, business practice, law and international tenders as provided by the economic development agency of the Federal Republic of Germany (in German only).
Partner Alberta (Canada)
The IraSME network has allowed us to easily coordinate our funding program with those of numerous other jurisdictions, thus vastly increasing opportunities for the companies we support. The network provides numerous benefits, creates significant additional impact, and allows our applicants to work with the very best partners, all while streamlining effort and administration.
Ms. Katelyn Petersen, Ph.D.
European-Canadian Centre for Innovation and Research