NATIONAL PROGRAMME PORTRAIT
Aim of Programme
- Promote the technological development of new products, processes or business solutions between Brazilian and foreign enterprises
- Provide an innovation-driven business environment
- Strengthen cooperation between companies and technology research institutions in Brazil and abroad
- Select joint projects presented by companies of all sizes and start-ups from both Brazil and the foreign country, aiming at engaging in science-based innovation cooperation between Brazilian and foreign companies. The selected projects shall result in an added value, which could not be achieved in one of the countries alone.
- Promote exchange of knowledge and expertise, establishment of lasting partnerships, and increase market expansion opportunities
- Financing of a project must follow the EMBRAPII funding model.
- According to this model, EMBRAPII finances up to 1/3 of Brazilian project costs with non-reimbursable funding.
- The Brazilian industrial partner must financially contribute, in cash, with at least 1/3 of the project costs;
- The EMBRAPII Unit may add in-kind contributions.
- Start-up companies or SMEs may take advantage of a SEBRAE grant (Brazilian Micro and Small Business Support Service, sebrae.com.br) within a cooperation program between EMBRAPII and SEBRAE.
- The Brazilian part of the project must address an industrial demand and involve one or more industrial partners.
- The Brazilian part of the project must be developed/managed by an EMBRAPII unit.
- Brazilian and international companies of all sizes, including startups, operating in Brazil.
- Joint projects must address researches from experimental proof of concept to technology demonstrated in relevant environment (TRL 3-6).
- Exceptionally, for Covid-19 related projects, research may be done within TRL 3 to 9.
- The project must lead to the development of products or technical processes, which are considerably differentiated from the ones existing in the market in terms of their functions or other features and provide an added economic, societal or environmental value.
- The company negotiates the project directly with the EMBRAPII Unit.
- The non-reimbursable resources are available in the EMBRAPII Units.
- IP is discussed and negotiated directly among partners.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BRAZIL
ENTERPRISE EUROPE NETWORK
Get in touch with your local Network contact point by selecting the city where your company is based. They can help your business with advice, support and opportunities for international partnerships:
GTAI - Germany Trade & Invest
The website offers information on Brazil’s economic climate, industries, business practice, law and international tenders as provided by the economic development agency of the Federal Republic of Germany (in German only).