Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft (FFG)
Sensengasse 1, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Dr. Barbara Rief-Vernay
Phone: +43 (0)5 7755 2413
Mr. Martin Reishofer
Phone: +43 (0)5 7755 2402
Cooperation and Innovation (COIN)
NATIONAL PROGRAMME PORTRAIT
COIN: Cooperation and Innovation Call for “International Innovation Networks”
Aim of Programme
- Improving the innovative capabilities and innovation output of companies (esp. SMEs)
- Strengthening the capability of companies to cooperate on an international level
- Establishing systematic access to national and international know-how
The following funding criteria apply to proposals with Austrian partners in the consortium:
- Mandatory submission of a proposal at the national level via FFG’s electronic submission system eCall (in addition to the “IraSME Application Form”, which has to be submitted by e-mail to info(at)ira-sme.net.
- Minimum project configuration is a consortium of 3 companies, with at least 2 SMEs (according to the definition of the EC) from at least 2 participating countries/regions, i.e. at least 1 SME per country/region.
- Funding intensity for Austrian partners: small enterprises, RDI institutions, intermediaries up to 60%, medium enterprises up to 50% and large enterprises up to 35% of total costs. Max. 500,000 EUR funding for all Austrian partners in the project.
- At least 60% of the costs must be incurred by the consortium partners (max 40% third party costs)
- Projects can be funded for a duration of up to 3 years.
- Funding is provided for specific RDI projects (products, solutions and/or services).
- Key evaluation criteria are the innovation content of the project and the collective added value from working together in a network.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AUSTRIA
ENTERPRISE EUROPE NETWORK
Get in touch with your local Network contact point by selecting the city where your company is based. They can help your business with advice, support and opportunities for international partnerships:
GTAI - Germany Trade & Invest
The website offers information on Austria’s economic climate, industries, business practice, law and international tenders as provided by the economic development agency of the Federal Republic of Germany (in German only).