NATIONAL PROGRAMME PORTRAIT
Research, development and innovation funding
Aid schemes under the law of 17 May 2017 relating to the promotion of research, development and innovation
Aim of Programme
- Facilitate the involvement of Luxembourg’s entire SME community in innovation activities
- Help companies generate decisive competitive advantages
- Facilitate collaborative research
- Eligible: Companies registered in Luxembourg, which are economically sound (excluding “firms in difficulty”)
- Funding in the form of a non-reimbursable grant
- Eligible costs: personnel, working equipment, utilities, subcontracts
- Max. funding rates (for experimental development): small companies 60%, medium-sized companies 50%, large companies 40%
- Undertakings that are subject to an outstanding recovery order following a previous Commission decision declaring an aid illegal and incompatible with the internal market (article 1(4) of the European Regulation 651/2014), as well as undertakings that can be qualified as undertakings in difficulty (Article 2 (18) of Regulation 651/2014), are excluded from receiving aid.
- Innovation: Applicants should aim at developing competitive advantages on their market and explain the innovation with respect to the state of the art.
- Economic impact: Applicants have to explain the expected return on investment if the project is successful.
- Financial capacity: Applicants need to demonstrate the availability of funds to launch their projects and ensure the liquidity over the project duration and the existence of means to exploit the project results and bring them to the market.
- Incentive effect: No aid can be granted if the project can be carried out in the same way without aid.
- Scheme specific criteria also apply
- Bottom-up approach: no restrictions regarding sectors or themes
- Applicants are requested to contact Luxinnovation at least four weeks before the call deadline
- A national application must be filed with the Ministry of the Economy in Luxembourg at the same time as the IraSME proposal application form
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT LUXEMBOURG
ENTERPRISE EUROPE NETWORK
Get in touch with your local Network contact point by selecting the city where your company is based. They can help your business with advice, support and opportunities for international partnerships:
GTAI - Germany Trade & Invest
The website offers information on Luxembourg’s economic climate, industries, business practice, law and international tenders as provided by the economic development agency of the Federal Republic of Germany (in German only).